Q: What is a shared House?
A: The tenants will have their own bedrooms and share kitchen, living room(s), bathroom and toilet(s).
Q: What is joint tenancy?
A: The rent will be paid together by all tenants against one standing order.
Q: Are the properties safe from fire Hazards?
A: All properties are equipped with fire blanket and fire extinguisher. The properties are also fitted with smoke alarm/fire alarm/carbon monoxide alarms.
Q: Are the properties secured?
A: All the properties have 5- lever mortise locks at the front door. All ground floor windows have locks. And there are security lights on the properties.
Q: What type of tenancy contract is to be signed?
A: It is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement for 12 months period.
Q: Do all the tenants for a property sign on the same contract?
A: Most of our properties are offered on joint tenancy; so all tenants sign on the same contract and are equally responsible for the rent of properties and paying bills. The property is rented as a whole to all the tenants.
Q: How do the tenants pay their rents?
A: The rent for the whole property is paid to our account by a single standing order.
Q: In whose name will be the electricity, gas and telephone accounts?
A: All the accounts will be in the tenant’s name. The previous tenants will transfer all accounts to the current tenant’s name.
Q: Do the tenants have to pay a deposit?
A: Yes. The deposit is equal to six months rent. It is protected by a tenancy deposit protection scheme.
Q: Are the properties gas appliances checked by a registered gas company?
A: Appliances in all the properties are covered by British Gas and they conduct an annual maintenance and servicing and issue a Gas Safety Certificate. In case of a problem with any of the appliances they can be contacted at their service centers.
Q: Are the electrical equipments safe?
A: All electrical equipments and wiring has been checked by competent electricians and certificates are available for inspection.
Q: What information and documents will be needed for the signing of contract?
A: Thank you for your interest in renting one of our Properties. In order that we may allocate the property To you for next year, we would ask you to please provide The following information and documentation. Pending the provision in full of this information & c.
Initially, please e-mail the following information to Us at email@example.com:
- Address of property that you are interest in;
- Names in full;
- Home addresses, including postcodes and telephone Numbers (i.e. That of your
- Your contact numbers in Reading (to include, if Possible at least one mobile number);
- Email addresses of all prospective tenants,
- University Email address of all prospective tenants.
- Nominating one who will act as spokesperson/ Contact.
Then, please confirm your interest in writing and Send us:
- A photocopy of every prospective tenants ‘CURRENT’ Student status card;
- The deposit that will be detailed in the SIGN-UP EMAIL.
- Signed parental guarantees
You will then receive an email from us confirming That the property has been reserved in your names Subject to the signing of contract.
Please keep us informed as to your progress with the Provision of the information requested above. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get In contact with us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We operate On a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Failure to provide the information requested Above in full by the required due date will result In the property being reallocated to other Prospective tenants.
Q: When will the Deposit be returned?
A: We are committed to returning the deposit within 48 Hours of the end of the tenancy period.
Q: In what condition will the property be rented to the tenants?
A: At the start of tenancy
- The property will be cleaned throughout and will be cleared of all items left behind by previous tenants.
- Old furniture and rubbish will be removed from garden.
- One complete set of keys will be given to each tenant.
- A copy of the agreed inventory dated and signed and including the details of the condition of the property and items provided will be posted at the properties website.